Wednesday, January 23, 2008

From That to This...

I have a Target $pot addiction. I admit it. Especially when it comes to their scrapbooking supplies. So a while back I got some Prima-style paper flowers there for $1. You can't beat that! When I put the flowers away, though, I was left with this container that they came in:

Now, I couldn't just throw it away... I was sure it could be used for something!! I didn't have a lid, but I kept it anyway. And then an idea struck me... with a little shrink wrap, it would be perfect for homemade chocolates! And so it went from THAT to THIS:




And with my recent penchant for Valentine's things, I added a little I Love You and gave it to my sweet love.


Of course, after I made one I realized I had another two (I told you I had an addiction!) containers sitting in my "find a way to alter" pile (Oh, there are LOTS of things in that pile!) and thought that they'd make a nice looking wedding cake if stacked on top of one another. So this idea is for future reference, if I ever throw a wedding shower again. Wouldn't it make a cute centerpiece?

4 comments:

Leif Wickland said...

Thanks for my Valentine's present!

Jaime said...

I love that! I have a pile of "things to be altered", too... Someday...

Great job! And, the candy looks very tasty! :-)

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooh! those boxes ARE adorable, but really, when you have HANDMADE CHOCOLATES... (!!!) well, in my case, at least, you would not need a lid or shrinkwrap...i assure you i'd be able to eat them BEFORE they got stale! :)

andrea said...

ok, you are GOOD! what a great idea. I too have a little stash of things to alter. reuse it baby.