Sunday, March 16, 2008

You know I'm sick...

... when I don't feel like crafting. That's something serious going on, let me tell you.

I started feeling achy last night. My joints hurt. I felt tired and slept in today until almost 11. And I was cold. Today I got up and felt better. We went out to lunch with Leif's brother, and I didn't want a sandwich. I didn't want a Pickle Barrel sandwich. That's sign number two that I'm sick. I settled for some soup and enjoyed it thoroughly. By the time we got home, though, I was feeling achy and woozy again, so I headed back to bed. And I stayed there until dinner, freezing, all covered up with my blankets. I got up for dinner and ate about 4 bites of a glorious steak Leif grilled. Then I went back to bed. I ache, but as long as I stay laying down, I don't feel woozy. Really, I don't feel that bad at all, except for being COLD and achy.

I called my mom tonight to chat a bit and she, like any good mother, told me I should take my temperature. I poo-pooed the idea, of course. I only feel mildly bad, and if I admit that I'm sick, I won't get to go see Taylor's babies, who will be born tomorrow. But, I did take my temperature as soon as I got off the phone. And wouldn't you know...

I AM sick. My temperature is 103.1. I took it twice and even had Leif take his to check the accuracy of the thermometer. His was 98.6. Pooh.

So Taylor, I'm not going to see your babies tomorrow. I will wait until I am better. I took some Ibuprofen and I'm staying in bed. And I still don't feel like crafting.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh no....no Pickle Barrel? I'd kill for one of their sandwiches right now! That must mean I'm past the pneumonia...and you've got it. I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky!!!

Susan Beth said...

Please get better fast! I hate to think of you so ill. If you need help with Ellie or errands (you know, pick up some milk, bread, chicken soup) let me know. I'll make a run for you and even take Ellie with me if needed.