Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hybrid Birthday Card - MIM Challenge

The MIM wild card challenge this week was to create a hybrid card. To that end, I printed out the frame and sentiment onto a transparency, thinking I could use it on a card somehow. The frame is a freebie I found somewhere and I think it's beautiful! I colored the backside of it with my Copic markers to give it just a little color.

There's a micro challenge going on right now over at Caardvarks, too. Their challenge is to make a card WITHOUT using patterned paper. Back in the day I'd say "No problem!" and stamp something... but lately I've been much more of a patterned paper user, so this proved a little more challenging! I discovered a sheet of cardstock I bought a while back - brown on one side, teal on the other. And that gave me an idea...

I cut a frame out of the front of the card, then adhered the transparency using some Iron Orchid Designs from an old Sweet Pea Scraps kit. This particular blue tape I hadn't found a good use for yet, but it turns out that it makes a pretty sweet border! I'm pretty happy with the card and might just make a second out of the remaining half sheet of cardstock.


How are YOUR hybrid cards coming along?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is amazing. I love the tape border and the transparency is fabulous.

lauren bergold said...

oooooooh i LOVE this just generally and it is totally PERFECT for the caardvarks challenge as well! WOW! just fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried hybrid yet, but I just may have to ... that taped frame is very cool.