Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Crackle Paint Wall Hanging - A Tutorial


I've been playing a little more with crackle paint to make some wall hangings for my craft room. I'm really liking how the series is turning out, so I thought I'd share how to make one of your own!

1. For this one I used a 1/4 sheet Hambly overlay as the base, with some red Chatterbox (I think) rubons I got in a RAK.

2. Crackle paint two large playing cards, one with soot black and the other with frayed burlap. Once dried and crackled, distress to remove some of the crackling and reveal bits of the image underneath.

3. Tie red twill ribbon around the black card and layer painted cards on the overlay base.

4. Trace a butterfly onto Asian script paper. Cut out and adhere to black card.

5. Stamp swirls, flowers, hinges, and 'specimen' on burlap card. (Purple Onion Stamps)

6. Punch two holes in the top of the Hambly overlay and set with eyelets. Feed red twill ribbon through eyelets and tie off at the ends to create hanger.

And there you have it! Your own crackle painted wall hanging... If you do this yourself, send me a link so I can see it!

1 comment:

Butik Murah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.