Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Enjoy the Journey

It's been a while since I've made a paper bag album, but when I was trying to think of a project for June's Mom and Me class I decided a PBA might just be the way to go. So, with the open house on Saturday, I settled in at the scrapbooking store on Friday to start the project.


One of the things I love about PBA's is just how quickly they go. The whole project took less than two hours, from the time I walked in the door, two paper bags in hand, to the time I walked out with a finished book, including the photos. I hadn't chosen the paper, photos, or even the scheme until I got there, and it all just came together nicely.



It's supposed to be a Summer / Travel themed PBA, and I used the travel strip paper from Scenic Route. You know how much I love these strip papers for cards? Well I love them for PBA's, too. There's just so much variety on one sheet of paper, it's hard not to love what you can do with it! I paired it with a black and white number paper from another Scenic Route line. I think they go nicely together.

I didn't really have any good summer or travel pictures I wanted to use in the album, but I DID have the pictures I took in June 2006 of my favorite shops in downtown Bozeman. I love going downtown in the summer and looking at all the fun shops, with all their textures and colors and inspiration. I love settling in to a coffee shop to sit and read or just enjoy a drink. I don't get to do that very often now that I have a toddler, but when I want to get away, that is what I do.

So this is my book about places in Bozeman I love to travel to, discover new ideas, and enjoy the journey that I am on. I figure if you want to see the world, you might as well start at home.

No comments: