Thursday, August 02, 2007

Caardvarks Micro Challenge - Junk Bowl

See this jar? It's got little things in it that need to be put away. These are the few goodies that didn't get dealt with when I cleaned my craft room earlier today.



Lucky for me, a micro challenge was posted over at Caardvarks this afternoon and it specifically called for cards made from such a stash as this. Good thing I didn't put absolutely everything away, isn't it? So... let's see what we have in this little jar of mine, shall we??



Flowers, rhinestones, GOBS of white paperclips, some random brads and snaps, a couple beads, a couple mini tags, a bookplate... There was NO WAY I could use ALL the paperclips. No way. But I did use quite a few of them. It's cheesy, busy, and the heaviest card I think I've ever made. It might even be the ugliest card I've ever made. But I'm entering it anyway, and it was a fun challenge. So here is the final messypiece....

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

OMG i *LOOOOOVE* it!!! you did a fantastic job using the random-ness of your junk bowl contents! i adore the way you have used the paperclips as a picket fence--sheer genius! (i would NEVER have thought of that!!!)

love the term "messypiece"...altho i don't think it can really be applied to this baby--it's SUPER! :)

Jaime said...

Okay, yes, it is cheesy, messy and looks heavy, but I love it! And I love that you so perfectly did what the challenge challenged you to do!

And, you have less to put away now... You just have to find someone to give it to. :-)

I love the paperclip picket fence, too. Perfect!

Jenyfur said...

I love it too! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to figure out a way to do a "usable" white picket fence for ages ... This is fast, flexible, and user-friendly. Thanks!