Sunday, February 24, 2008

The learning curve...


There's definitely a learning curve when it comes to digital scrapbooking. I'm sure there is with most things. I wonder if it would be easier with Photoshop, but I don't want to buy a copy since I have GIMP. And I wonder if I should just get a cheapie scrapbooking program. Will it still take as long? It takes forever. And I don't necessarily like the outcome. I wish there was an easy way to do journaling in GIMP. But I went on a giant digital freebie binge and found COOL freebies that don't look so wooden, so when I have a moment I'll sit down with some of them and give it another go. I still don't think I'll ever forsake the world of paper and glue. I love it too much. But I AM learning new things about GIMP, and how to make it do what I want it to. So that's good. But I still have a LOT of learning left to do, so I'll keep plugging away at it...

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

well, i like this A LOT! not sure about GIMP, but i have broderbund's printshop and i find that so easy and intuitive to use text and layers and so forth. but i bet there's tons more for GIMP out there. (and as far as i can tell, you're ALREADY doing really well anyhow!!!)