Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Motherhood

Motherhood

This is my favorite layout as of late. I love the combination of textures and colors and the subject matter! And I love that I had no idea what to do with these papers the first time I saw them, but that they worked perfectly together for this layout.

Motherhood

The fabric I sewed across the bottom looks blue in the first picture and green in the second because it is a beautiful blue/green taffeta. I got a scrap of it somewhere and I'm loving scrapbooking with it. It's the perfect color and texture for so many things, and I really think it's what ties this two page layout together. The key is from a set of old keys my mom cleaned up and gave me. I'm really enjoying playing with these on layouts, too! Except that I'm afraid I'm going to use them all up and then I won't have any....

Motherhood

I painted a little gold acrylic paint around the edges of the photo and mat, just to make them stand out a little more. I really like the effect. I'm not sure the picture does it justice, but I like it in person a lot.

The journaling on this layout just talks about how much I have always wanted to be a mother. More than anything else in the world. Motherhood is such a special thing to me and I really think it needs to be documented, even if I don't know which album this layout goes in. I want my kid(s) to know someday how much it means to me to be a mother. (T)he(i)r mother.

And when it all comes down to it, this, THIS, is why I scrapbook. I have been given a legacy by those before me, and I want to do my part in handing it down to the ones entrusted to me.

(Sweet Pea Scraps February 2009 kit)

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

i love the ribbon going all the way across!

hurry up and come to texas so that i can scrapbook... oh wait, i don't think i scrapped the last two times either... hmm.