Saturday, October 03, 2009

Let them eat cake?

While I love the idea of cake decorating, I have to admit that I am much more enamored with cupcakes. They're easy. They're cute. They don't require cutlery, or a plate, for that matter. Cupcakes are an afternoon. Cakes are, well, a project. So I have been resolved to make Eliana cupcakes for as long as I am able.

I might change my mind, though, since I got a princess crown cake pan today. =D Not something I would ordinarily buy, but Michael's had all (and I mean ALL - even the cake pans!) their princess (and pirate) party supplies on clearance. For $0.25 each. Everything. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I got a princess crown Wilton cake pan for 25 cents.

So don't be surprised if we have a princess themed party in July for a little 4 year old. (And since I got the tip-off from a friend of mine and let another know, don't be surprised if Ellie and ALL her little friends have princess parties with the same decorations, LOL! They're 3 and 4 - are they really going to tire of princesses?) And don't be surprised if there's a princess cake involved. Since I'm not making all the decorations and whatnot, I'll theoretically have a little more time to decorate the cake, right?

No comments: