Saturday, June 28, 2008

Poppies, Lupine, and Clarification...



I've been enjoying the flowers in my garden more this year than the past few, and I think it's because my garden is finally established. We've spent the last few years working on it, and added some things at the end of the season last year that I forgot about until they bloomed beautifully this year! There are still some things I'm planning on changing in the garden (like the vetch that thinks it's time to take center stage and the strawberries that are threatening my bitterroot) but in general I like where things are. Here are some of my pretties right now...



small poppy



oriental poppy



lupine



bitterroot, our state flower, and the one I will have to rescue from the strawberries. I fear the strawberries will need their own bed or be relegated to pots next year.

As for the clarification.... despite my recent dearth of bloggage and my announcement that the MIM Challenges will be ceasing, my blog is and will remain very much alive and active, so no worries! I'm not going anywhere, just won't be posting new challenges every Tuesday!

So I'll see you back here soon. I should have some new projects to post at some point. They're done, I just have to take pictures. Hope your weekend is going well!



No comments: