Sunday, December 30, 2007

Favorite Recent Scraplifts

People have differing opinions on scraplifting. I, personally, am of the opinion that so long as I don't claim others' ideas as my own, it's okay. Scrapbooking for me is about preserving my memories in a beautiful and creative way. Sometimes the creative juices aren't there, so I look to others for inspiration. Other times I see a layout that I have perfect papers and photos for, so I use that layout as a starting point. Sometimes my final project diverges quite a bit from the original I lifted. Other times my layout ends up being basically the same. I'm okay with that. And I'm flattered when someone else wants to use my work to inspire their own creativity. So, in the spirit of scraplifting, here are some of my favorite recent scraplifts:

This one is lifted from a magazine. I don't remember which one, and I'm too lazy to wander down to the craft room and check. So for now we'll just say that I got this idea out of a magazine and call it good. =D

This layout idea I got from the Sweet Pea Scraps gallery. I always look through the gallery when I get my new kit so I can see what cool things the DT members did with their kits before I break into mine. This particular layout was scraplifted from Jenn Claar's, whom I happen to be on the DT at Keepsakes with! And while I didn't intend for mine to turn out so much like hers, they look pretty much the same. And I love how it turned out!

This layout was lifted off 2ps. The original was a digital layout, but I thought it would be perfect for this photo. And so it was! I pulled out my paper and glue and this is what I came up with!

This last lift is also from 2ps. Sometimes when I need a basic idea for a layout I will turn to my Book of Scraps and look at the layouts I have filed under "__ number of photos." In this case, I looked under single photo layouts and found this one, which I thought was great! When I combined the design with the October SPS kit and the photo, it all just went together perfectly.

So I won't be submitting any of these for publication - they're not my own original ideas. But I will put them in my albums and cherish the memories these pages hold. I will also be thankful that others are willing to share their artwork with me so that I may find inspiration in their work and have beautiful pages, too.

No comments: