Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's Turkey Day!

Today is the day I'm cooking our turkey. My favorite thing about turkey day? The smell. The whole house smells delicious. My least favorite thing? I can't eat it until next Thursday. So tempting, and it smells so good.

Thanksgiving is at our house this year, and we have guests coming in on Wednesday, as well as Ellie's 4 month checkup on Wednesday, too. So I'm trying to make sure I do everything I can ahead of time. Thus, the turkey gets cooked today and is frozen until Thanksgiving. It's one of those tricks my mom taught me - the wonder woman who makes Thanksgiving dinner for twenty some college students each year.

I've had my menu planned for forever, and I've stocked most of the ingredients, though I'll go through and double check that I have everything early next week. Here's the menu...

Turkey Breast
Ham
Yam Bake
Green Beans Almondine
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Rolls
Cranberry Sauce
Relish Tray
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Million Dollar Pie

What are you having for Thanksgiving??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl....I hope you've delegated out some of those items! That's a whole lot for one person to undertake! Sounds good, though!

Elizabeth Wickland said...

I've doled out the cranberry sauce and rolls, and if anyone wants to bring devilled eggs, they can. =)