Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Million dollar pie recipe

Yesterday I watched Oprah. I very rarely do that, but yesterday I did and I'm really glad I did!! They had this woman on the show who won a million dollars from Pillsbury for her Granola Oatmeal Pie. I decided to try the recipe... MMmmmm! Turned out great and it was SOOO easy to make! And I DON'T do pies. I did make the crust from scratch (thanks, Mom, for teaching me how to do that! It turned out perfect and flaky). Here's the recipe. Give it a try!

Million Dollar Granola Oatmeal Pie

preheat oven to 350*

Roll out Pillsbury Pie Crust (or make your own)

Mix together:
½ C butter – melted
½ C brown sugar
¾ C corn syrup
3 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
2 packets crunchy granola bars (Oats and Honey from Nature Valley)
¼ c oatmeal
½ c walnut (optional)
¼ c chocolate chips

Bake for 45 min at 350*

last 15 min use pie shield so edges don’t get too brown. (optional)

cool for 45 min then serve with ice cream

No comments: