Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Caardvarks Challenge - Ravishing Ribbon part 3

Inspiration struck last night, so I raced to the craft room to get my idea onto paper, er - cardstock. Another wedding / bridal shower card, but I love how it turned out. This ribbon challenge is great for getting my creative juices flowing!

The specifics:

This is a free form dress card cut from white cardstock. I sewed across the bottom of the neck/top of shoulders to form the card hinge. The dress has a silver embossed design, with an off-white script overlay (basic grey) over it. The ribbon ruffles at the bottom of the skirt are attached to the overlay, as is the stamped sentiment. The overlay seam is at the waist of the dress and is covered by a bow. The veil is made from a doubled over wide organdy ribbon gathered and sewn, and a scallop of lace for the top. I was trying to give the illusion of a bride walking down the aisle after the ceremony (thus the back of the dress...). I don't know if I succeeded in that, but I do like how the card turned out.

Here are pictures of the card:



I had some detail pics, too, but blogger seems to be having issues with my photo uploads, so I'll just have to post those a little later.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Very, very pretty! I'm sure that one will go in the scrapbook of the bride. I love it!

The Peacock Pearl said...

very cool!