Friday, July 20, 2007

Caardvarks Challenge - Ravishing Ribbon

Well, I decided to participate in this week's Caardvarks challenge. The challenge is to use ribbon on a card. I decided to try to use ribbon in a way that I hadn't before, and I ended up using it a few new ways! Here's the card...


... and a detail shot.


I used four different kinds of ribbon for this challenge. First, I used a narrow ribbon and eyelets to make a scalloped edge for the card. Then I used a wide, funky, sparkly ribbon as the background, over the white cardstock. I've had this wide ribbon for for-ever and I've never really known what to do with it, but I love it. Then I used some black grosgrain to transition from the ribbon background to the scalloped edge, and I stamped a (handcarved original!) swirl between the rhinestone eyelets. I used Staz-On to stamp the (Michael's $1 acrylic) sentiment on some gray organdy ribbon and I layered that over a square of Hambly. I finished off the card with a rhinestone-centered black flower and I love how it turned out! It's got character, it's got class... and it might just be perfect for Dara's wedding tomorrow!

No comments: