Friday, December 17, 2010

I told you...

I told you I would make these cookies....

FlickrDroid Upload

Then I couldn't find a snowglobe cookie cutter and I couldn't find any snowflake sprinkles... I finally found the snowflakes... and decided to make my own snowglobe cookie cutter! It really ended up being quite simple... just take a circle cookie cutter and bend it in 4 places to make a base. The top sort of adjusts itself, so it's easy to get the right shape!

FlickrDroid Upload

FlickrDroid Upload

I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe, though you can't fit too many on a cookie sheet!

FlickrDroid Upload

Of course, the best part for Ellie was watching them bake. She just parked herself in front of the oven for a while!

FlickrDroid Upload

Looking good, Mom!

FlickrDroid Upload

The baked cookies...

FlickrDroid Upload

This year I did something different than I've ever done before... I put my frosting in bottles instead of in decorator's bags. It was a great way to decorate quickly! I will definitely use this idea again if I'm working with color flow frosting!

FlickrDroid Upload

One step at a time... first the base of the snowglobe, frosted and sugared immediately.

FlickrDroid Upload

Then the top of the snowglobe, complete with gingerbread men, snowflakes, and course sugar snow!

FlickrDroid Upload

Finish it off with some white frosting and non pareil snow and you have a very fun cookie!!

FlickrDroid Upload

They were very fun to make, and pretty darn cute, too!!

FlickrDroid Upload



4 comments:

The Manic Crafter said...

And...if you turn it sideways you can make FISH cookies! That's what they look like on the cookie sheet.

Jaime said...

I love them! Great job! I've gotten hooked on a bunch of cookie blogs and have bought all the supplies to decorate (the "real" way) with good frosting and such. I can't wait. I can't promise they'll be as awesome as yours, but they'll be fun! :-)

Smellyann said...

Those look wicked awesome, good job!!

♫ christine said...

great idea! so cute! i'm trying to find my inner martha.... somewhere... somewhere... it's in there... somewhere!